Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Why'd it snow, why'd it snow, why'd it snow?

So it's now Brittany Nethercott official: Winter has hit Rexburg. I was in denial Saturday and rebelling with a light fall jacket. Now the winter coats, gloves, scarfs and hats are out. I'm reminded of an EFY song "Go bring them in from the Plains." There is a line from that song I sing every time I go outside. "The chilling wind cuts to the bone, I cannot feel my feet."
However, this time makes me grateful for the things I have: comfy microfiber blankets, central heating instead of a stove, warm clothing, electric blankets, down comforters, heating in my car, wool socks, thermal underwear, boots, Cute winter coats, and a husband with a heart so warm, it melts my own. It also makes me grateful that I was not involved in the settling of this area before central heating!!
So even though we have entered the lone and dreary world known as Rexburg, I will (as Monty Python said it best) "Always look on the bright side of life." Even IF I de-snow my car every morning of OCTOBER!!

No comments:

Post a Comment